I couldn’t help myself! Not only do I love a great motivational quote, I’ve discovered that I love having a play and creating an image to make them look pretty. Here are a few more to make your day. This is a biggie for me – Madam Perfectionist! It’s only been in recent times that […]
Okay, I admit it. I’m a sucker for an inspirational quote. Here are 5 of my favourites: It all starts with motivation. If your motivation isn’t high, then all the strategies in the world won’t help you. And as Zig so wisely puts it, you need to touch base with it every day. It […]
You just want the secret to better health and getting rid of that extra weight for good. It could be a simple as ABC! A is for Attitude With a capital A. This is less about whether you have a positive or a negative attitude and more about how you are in the world. Do […]
We’ve all been there. You’re on track, taking the action you need to take to reach your goal. It’s all good. Then something happens to derail your progress. And everything stops. Your goal may be related to anything. Healthy eating. Valuable me time. Exercise. This is a no-holds barred account about the mistakes I made […]
It was the phone call we all dread. Our lives shattered forever, like shards of broken glass. The reality seeps into our pores even as we try to deny it. Maybe if we deny it hard enough somehow it might not be true. But it was true. A fatal heart attack at 62 and my […]
It’s hard to believe that Loving life with diabetes is almost two years old. How quickly that time has flown. The question I’d like to ask today though is how I can provide awesome value to YOU through the site. How can I make Loving life with diabetes your go-to place to drop by often, […]
This post is a follow-up to a previous post highlighting some Apps that make getting healthy easy and fun. Unfortunately being an iPhone user, I totally neglected the Android and Blackberry lovers and all three of the Apps mentioned were for the iPhone only. However, I’ve been having lots of fun trying out various Apps […]
Accountability. Motivation. Support. All super-important on your journey to better health. We often rely on our friends and family to provide them but if they’re not quite on the same page or you’d like to turbocharge your efforts, keep reading! I’ve been test-driving some Apps that can help you with all three AND make it […]
You teach best what you most need to learn. Richard Bach You probably think a health coach is or should be perfect. With super-human willpower. They breeze through life oblivious to the struggles and temptations of mere mortals. Making healthy choices comes as easily to them as breathing. If only. In the spirit of letting […]
You know you should be doing it. Soon. Right after you’ve checked the email, cleaned the toilet and dusted Aunty Molly’s antique vase. It’s amazing what else you can get done when you’re procrastinating on the one thing you know you should be doing. You tell yourself that these other things are super-important. Deep down […]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- The Weight Escape Book Review March 6, 2014
- How To Avoid Being Hit In the Head With A Brick Or Run Over By A Truck: What You Can Learn From My Story February 10, 2014
- Fast Exercise Book Review January 30, 2014
- Why Putting Others First Is B S January 24, 2014
- 2013: What You Can Learn From My Year In Review January 2, 2014
- Claire: You\'re so right, Judith! Once you get hit by the ...
- Judith: What a powerful metaphor and I\'ve experienced all...
- Claire: Yes I think it is a work in progress for many of u...
- Sandy Sidhu: Sooo true, Claire! I think I need to get better at...
- Claire: I LOVE your words Judith! And what a lovely way t...