Today I’d like to bring you the 2nd part in the series – how to create awesome health when you’re crazy busy. We’ll be digging right into some practical things you can implement in your life right now: 1. Plan your day the night before. This can be really helpful. It means that […]
One of the barriers that comes up often when we want to create healthy habits in our lives is time. Or more to the point, lack of it. Today I want to look at 3 ways we can blast past that obstacle. 1. Look at your mindset and your beliefs around time. Recently my yoga […]
An objection that sometimes comes up with my clients is that it’s impossible to make healthy food choices because of the expense. It’s easy to see where this is coming from with some fast food companies offering meals for just a few dollars. Check out the video for some tips that might help: 1. Track your […]
Why You’re Wasting Your Time Searching For The One True Secret To Health, Wellness And Weight Loss And What To Do Instead
Once upon a time there was a health coach (me) who thought that the secret to developing health and creating wellness was out there somewhere. All she had to do was find it. So she dug and she studied and searched for the One. True. Answer. And instead found a ton of beautiful golden nuggets. […]
I LOVE a motivational quote. Every now and again, though, I come across one that doesn’t sit well with me. In this post I share a couple I’ve given the thumbs down to and some real winners. Don’t look back. You’re not going that way. Yes. And no. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for […]
Eat less and move more. Sounds like the perfect recipe for weight loss, doesn’t it? The problem is, there are some key ingredients missing. Jessica Ortner, author of The Tapping Solution For Weight Loss and Body Confidence, describes how she used tapping to reduce the stress she felt about her weight, clear limiting emotions and […]
I know you’re scared Deciding to make changes (even healthy ones) is scary. You’re venturing into the unknown. And even if your comfort zone isn’t all that comfortable right now, at least it’s familiar. Sometimes I know you dip that toe in the water & then back away. It’s too much right now. You’re not […]
If only I had more willpower. If you haven’t actually said the words out loud, you’ve probably thought them, maybe even more than once. I know I have. We tend to think that willpower is something that we either have or we don’t. Like freckles. Or blue eyes. The good news is that it’s not […]
It’s May already and it can be all too easy to beat ourselves up for the goals we haven’t achieved so far this year. Maybe the exercise program that is noticeable by it’s absence. Or the unhealthy snack choices that seem to be a regular occurrence and the green smoothies that aren’t. From there it’s […]
The Fast Diet. It sounds like a fad, doesn’t it? In fact, it is anything but. I was initially sceptical when I first picked the book up, but was absolutely blown away by the evidence. Written by Dr Michael Mosley and food and fashion writer Mimi Spencer, the tagline of the book is ‘The simple […]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- How To Create Awesome Health When You’re Crazy Busy – Part 2 November 20, 2014
- How To Create Awesome Health When You’re Crazy Busy October 29, 2014
- Simple Tips To Eat Healthy Food AND Save Money August 25, 2014
- Why You’re Wasting Your Time Searching For The One True Secret To Health, Wellness And Weight Loss And What To Do Instead July 15, 2014
- Why These Popular Motivational Quotes Suck (and What to Use Instead) June 29, 2014
- Claire: I can certainly relate, Jen to being a recovering ...
- Jen: Recovering perfectionist? I still can\'t seem to b...
- Claire: Fantastic Carol! Love all those tips. Shopping at...
- Carol: I have found that using the cheaper supermarkets l...
- Judith: Great tips, Claire. I think it\'s so important t...