An objection that sometimes comes up with my clients is that it’s impossible to make healthy food choices because of the expense. It’s easy to see where this is coming from with some fast food companies offering meals for just a few dollars. Check out the video for some tips that might help: 1. Track your […]
Why You’re Wasting Your Time Searching For The One True Secret To Health, Wellness And Weight Loss And What To Do Instead
Once upon a time there was a health coach (me) who thought that the secret to developing health and creating wellness was out there somewhere. All she had to do was find it. So she dug and she studied and searched for the One. True. Answer. And instead found a ton of beautiful golden nuggets. […]
I LOVE a motivational quote. Every now and again, though, I come across one that doesn’t sit well with me. In this post I share a couple I’ve given the thumbs down to and some real winners. Don’t look back. You’re not going that way. Yes. And no. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for […]
Eat less and move more. Sounds like the perfect recipe for weight loss, doesn’t it? The problem is, there are some key ingredients missing. Jessica Ortner, author of The Tapping Solution For Weight Loss and Body Confidence, describes how she used tapping to reduce the stress she felt about her weight, clear limiting emotions and […]
I know you’re scared Deciding to make changes (even healthy ones) is scary. You’re venturing into the unknown. And even if your comfort zone isn’t all that comfortable right now, at least it’s familiar. Sometimes I know you dip that toe in the water & then back away. It’s too much right now. You’re not […]
If only I had more willpower. If you haven’t actually said the words out loud, you’ve probably thought them, maybe even more than once. I know I have. We tend to think that willpower is something that we either have or we don’t. Like freckles. Or blue eyes. The good news is that it’s not […]
It’s May already and it can be all too easy to beat ourselves up for the goals we haven’t achieved so far this year. Maybe the exercise program that is noticeable by it’s absence. Or the unhealthy snack choices that seem to be a regular occurrence and the green smoothies that aren’t. From there it’s […]
The Fast Diet. It sounds like a fad, doesn’t it? In fact, it is anything but. I was initially sceptical when I first picked the book up, but was absolutely blown away by the evidence. Written by Dr Michael Mosley and food and fashion writer Mimi Spencer, the tagline of the book is ‘The simple […]
Technology is so much a part of our lives that it’s only in hindsight that we realise how far we’ve progressed. A little like those who once believed that the earth was flat, we had no reason to doubt the assurances of the local computer geek that hell would freeze over before we’d ever go […]
Pssst. Wanna know my secret for successfully nailing not one but three new habits? I now meditate, journal & floss daily after years of repeatedly trying and failing. I know. I sound like I’m bragging, don’t I? Well … maybe a little. But I wanted to share what I’ve learned in the process with you. […]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- Simple Tips To Eat Healthy Food AND Save Money August 25, 2014
- Why You’re Wasting Your Time Searching For The One True Secret To Health, Wellness And Weight Loss And What To Do Instead July 15, 2014
- Why These Popular Motivational Quotes Suck (and What to Use Instead) June 29, 2014
- Book Review: The Tapping Solution For Weight Loss & Body Confidence June 16, 2014
- Embrace The Fear May 26, 2014
- Claire: Fantastic Carol! Love all those tips. Shopping at...
- Carol: I have found that using the cheaper supermarkets l...
- Judith: Great tips, Claire. I think it\'s so important t...
- Claire: Great tip Kelly! Food wastage is a huge expense. ...
- Kelly: I find a lot of foods hidden at the back of my fri...