Technology is so much a part of our lives that it’s only in hindsight that we realise how far we’ve progressed. A little like those who once believed that the earth was flat, we had no reason to doubt the assurances of the local computer geek that hell would freeze over before we’d ever go […]
Pssst. Wanna know my secret for successfully nailing not one but three new habits? I now meditate, journal & floss daily after years of repeatedly trying and failing. I know. I sound like I’m bragging, don’t I? Well … maybe a little. But I wanted to share what I’ve learned in the process with you. […]
Most people think a health coach fits into one of two camps. Either she’s descended from the heavens, an impossibly perfect creature who wouldn’t know temptation if it bit her on the ass and who couldn’t possibly understand or relate to the mere mortals who come to see her quaking in their boots, having steeled […]
Having previously had the privilege of attending a Weight Escape workshop, I was eagerly awaiting the release of The Weight Escape book and in January, finally the wait was over. Co-authored by Dr Russ Harris, Professor Joseph Ciarrochi and Senior Clinical Psychologist Ann Bailey, the book is a must have addition to any bookshelf. Before […]
How To Avoid Being Hit In the Head With A Brick Or Run Over By A Truck: What You Can Learn From My Story
There is a wonderful story that when we’ve wandered off course, the Universe will send us signals that if we heed them will gently steer us back on track. And all is right with the world. The first of these signs is like the tickle of a feather. Perhaps a gut feeling. Maybe snippets of […]
Two of the biggest barriers when it comes to establishing a regular exercise habit are not having enough time and hating to exercise. Fast Exercise, the new book just released by Dr Michael Mosley and Peta Bee blows both of those out of the water! Although I’ve made exercise a part of my life now, […]
Ok, I’ll admit it. I’m a sucker for a motivational quote. I have them everywhere – in my phone, on my computer, adorning the walls of my home, on my desk. They are my inspiration. I keep telling myself that minimalism is a virtue but just can’t seem to embrace the concept when it comes […]
Perhaps I’m an optimist but with each new day, I feel excited – a bit like a kid at the start of the school year with those brand new exercise books, just waiting to be written on. There was nothing quite like the feeling of seeing those blank pages waiting just for me. Yes, New […]
Some people are super organized and have had their Christmas pressies wrapped and arranged neatly under the tree for weeks now. I wish. I’m more like ‘Can it really be Christmas already? I think someone’s made a mistake with the dates!’ If you’re like me and not in the super organized camp, here are some […]
This is a list that I know I’ll add to over time but here it is for now! 1. It all starts with your why If you don’t nail this, nothing else will really work for the long term. You don’t lose weight or get fitter or healthier because your spouse would like you to […]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- Technology & Your Health: The Good, The Bad & The Amazing April 12, 2014
- Are You Trigger Happy? The Little Known Secret To A Healthier New You Revealed! March 28, 2014
- Baring All: Why My Shocking Admissions Could Be The Best Thing You’ve Heard All Year March 13, 2014
- The Weight Escape Book Review March 6, 2014
- How To Avoid Being Hit In the Head With A Brick Or Run Over By A Truck: What You Can Learn From My Story February 10, 2014
- Claire: Great point Ang - the afternoon is often a trigger...
- Angela: Hey Claire My morning triggers aren\'t a proble...
- Claire: A pleasure, Sandy :)...
- Sandy Sidhu: I am the same way! I plan on checking for 5 minute...
- Claire: I loved your video about your 5 minute journal the...