Having previously had the privilege of attending a Weight Escape workshop, I was eagerly awaiting the release of The Weight Escape book and in January, finally the wait was over. Co-authored by Dr Russ Harris, Professor Joseph Ciarrochi and Senior Clinical Psychologist Ann Bailey, the book is a must have addition to any bookshelf. Before […]
How To Avoid Being Hit In the Head With A Brick Or Run Over By A Truck: What You Can Learn From My Story
There is a wonderful story that when we’ve wandered off course, the Universe will send us signals that if we heed them will gently steer us back on track. And all is right with the world. The first of these signs is like the tickle of a feather. Perhaps a gut feeling. Maybe snippets of […]
Two of the biggest barriers when it comes to establishing a regular exercise habit are not having enough time and hating to exercise. Fast Exercise, the new book just released by Dr Michael Mosley and Peta Bee blows both of those out of the water! Although I’ve made exercise a part of my life now, […]
Ok, I’ll admit it. I’m a sucker for a motivational quote. I have them everywhere – in my phone, on my computer, adorning the walls of my home, on my desk. They are my inspiration. I keep telling myself that minimalism is a virtue but just can’t seem to embrace the concept when it comes […]
Perhaps I’m an optimist but with each new day, I feel excited – a bit like a kid at the start of the school year with those brand new exercise books, just waiting to be written on. There was nothing quite like the feeling of seeing those blank pages waiting just for me. Yes, New […]
Some people are super organized and have had their Christmas pressies wrapped and arranged neatly under the tree for weeks now. I wish. I’m more like ‘Can it really be Christmas already? I think someone’s made a mistake with the dates!’ If you’re like me and not in the super organized camp, here are some […]
This is a list that I know I’ll add to over time but here it is for now! 1. It all starts with your why If you don’t nail this, nothing else will really work for the long term. You don’t lose weight or get fitter or healthier because your spouse would like you to […]
It’s the question I always dreaded. ‘Have you been flossing?’ It’s the reason I hadn’t made that rather overdue dental appointment. I couldn’t make it until I’d started flossing again. As in my usual two weeks before the dental appointment attempt to start a regular flossing habit. I couldn’t start flossing until I’d checked out […]
Following on from my last post, 4 Questions That Will Change Your Life, I’m bringing you 5 more questions that will make a HUGE difference to your life, if you ask them. I’m sure I’m not the only one whose life at times seems like one big roller coaster and the days feel like they’re […]
Quality Questions Create A Quality Life Tony Robbins I just love this quote from Tony Robbins and today I want to share 4 questions with you that just might change your life. What is really going on? Often my clients will say something like ‘I’ve just got no willpower’ or ‘I’m lazy’. If you’re thinking […]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- The Weight Escape Book Review March 6, 2014
- How To Avoid Being Hit In the Head With A Brick Or Run Over By A Truck: What You Can Learn From My Story February 10, 2014
- Fast Exercise Book Review January 30, 2014
- Why Putting Others First Is B S January 24, 2014
- 2013: What You Can Learn From My Year In Review January 2, 2014
- Claire: You\'re so right, Judith! Once you get hit by the ...
- Judith: What a powerful metaphor and I\'ve experienced all...
- Claire: Yes I think it is a work in progress for many of u...
- Sandy Sidhu: Sooo true, Claire! I think I need to get better at...
- Claire: I LOVE your words Judith! And what a lovely way t...