Once upon a time there was a health coach (me) who thought that the secret to developing health and creating wellness was out there somewhere. All she had to do was find it. So she dug and she studied and searched for the One. True. Answer. And instead found a ton of beautiful golden nuggets. […]
Why You’re Wasting Your Time Searching For The One True Secret To Health, Wellness And Weight Loss And What To Do Instead
I LOVE a motivational quote. Every now and again, though, I come across one that doesn’t sit well with me. In this post I share a couple I’ve given the thumbs down to and some real winners. Don’t look back. You’re not going that way. Yes. And no. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for […]
Eat less and move more. Sounds like the perfect recipe for weight loss, doesn’t it? The problem is, there are some key ingredients missing. Jessica Ortner, author of The Tapping Solution For Weight Loss and Body Confidence, describes how she used tapping to reduce the stress she felt about her weight, clear limiting emotions and […]
I know you’re scared Deciding to make changes (even healthy ones) is scary. You’re venturing into the unknown. And even if your comfort zone isn’t all that comfortable right now, at least it’s familiar. Sometimes I know you dip that toe in the water & then back away. It’s too much right now. You’re not […]
If only I had more willpower. If you haven’t actually said the words out loud, you’ve probably thought them, maybe even more than once. I know I have. We tend to think that willpower is something that we either have or we don’t. Like freckles. Or blue eyes. The good news is that it’s not […]
It’s May already and it can be all too easy to beat ourselves up for the goals we haven’t achieved so far this year. Maybe the exercise program that is noticeable by it’s absence. Or the unhealthy snack choices that seem to be a regular occurrence and the green smoothies that aren’t. From there it’s […]
The Fast Diet. It sounds like a fad, doesn’t it? In fact, it is anything but. I was initially sceptical when I first picked the book up, but was absolutely blown away by the evidence. Written by Dr Michael Mosley and food and fashion writer Mimi Spencer, the tagline of the book is ‘The simple […]
Technology is so much a part of our lives that it’s only in hindsight that we realise how far we’ve progressed. A little like those who once believed that the earth was flat, we had no reason to doubt the assurances of the local computer geek that hell would freeze over before we’d ever go […]
Pssst. Wanna know my secret for successfully nailing not one but three new habits? I now meditate, journal & floss daily after years of repeatedly trying and failing. I know. I sound like I’m bragging, don’t I? Well … maybe a little. But I wanted to share what I’ve learned in the process with you. […]
Most people think a health coach fits into one of two camps. Either she’s descended from the heavens, an impossibly perfect creature who wouldn’t know temptation if it bit her on the ass and who couldn’t possibly understand or relate to the mere mortals who come to see her quaking in their boots, having steeled […]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- Why You’re Wasting Your Time Searching For The One True Secret To Health, Wellness And Weight Loss And What To Do Instead July 15, 2014
- Why These Popular Motivational Quotes Suck (and What to Use Instead) June 29, 2014
- Book Review: The Tapping Solution For Weight Loss & Body Confidence June 16, 2014
- Embrace The Fear May 26, 2014
- Are You Using Up All Your Precious Willpower? Here’s How To Stop May 15, 2014
- eat Stop eat: Hey there, You\'ve done an incredible job. I\'ll...
- Michel: I see a lot of interesting posts on your blog. You...
- Why You're Wasting Your Time Searching For The One True Secret To Health, Wellness And Weight Loss And What To Do Instead »: […] woo woo is not a dirty word. Energy wo...
- Embrace The Fear | Share the Love | Scoop.it: […] I know you’re scared Deciding to m...
- The Second Best Time Is Now | Share the Love | ...: […] “It’s May already and it can...