You know you need to make some healthy changes to your diet. The promise of better health beckons. If only it wasn’t so damn expensive. Here are some other ways of looking at it. Consider the cost of non-essentials I was surprised to learn that soft drinks (sodas) are in the top ten purchases in […]
In Australia, researchers found that over 50% and up to 80% of people in some of the groups studied had low levels of vitamin D. What is vitamin D and why does this matter? Vitamin D is found in small amounts in some foods and is also formed in the body by the action of […]
Why another post on how to manage diet and exercise over the festive season? If we have already started to create some healthy habits in our lives, the festive period can be a big trigger for a lapse, when we slip back to our old habits. Rather than being a one-off occasion like a birthday, […]
A link between type 2 diabetes and bowel cancer in men has been revealed with results from the Fremantle Diabetes Study being presented recently in Perth. The study involved around 1300 people with type 2 diabetes with participants being followed up for around 11 years. The study found a two-fold risk in bowel cancer among […]
Recent studies from around the world have shown that it is possible to reduce your risk of getting type 2 diabetes by around 58 per cent by making some lifestyle changes. Participants in these studies increased their physical activity levels, reduced their body weight by over 5 per cent (around 4 kg in someone weighting […]
While most of us know that exercise is good for us, too often it is something we’ll get to Monday or next week or ‘one day’. The benefits of exercise are amazing and include lowering our risk of heart attack and stroke, strengthening our bones, lifting our mood, lowering our cholesterol levels and reducing our risk […]
Do you have type 2 diabetes, are at risk of diabetes or would just like to become healthier? You have come to the right place! HI! I’m Claire Kerslake, a diabetes educator from New South Wales, Australia and I’m thrilled you’ve stopped by. Perhaps you have been told by a well meaning health professional that […]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- 15 things I’ve Learned About Health, Fitness & Weight Loss Over The Last 10 Years December 9, 2013
- Feeling Stuck? 3 Quick Questions That Will Move You Forward Fast October 31, 2013
- 5 Questions To Add More Love, Laughter And Joy To Your Life October 21, 2013
- 4 Questions That Will Change Your Life October 6, 2013
- Motivation, inspiration and you September 27, 2013
- Jen: Love these quotes. I came across a great one about...
- Julie Gohring: I think you bring up such an important point -- it...
- Claire: Thanks Sandy! Life just seems to get in the way if...
- Sandy Sidhu: Planning ahead always helps me! I schedule workout...
- Claire: Thank you Debi :)...